Cross Bay Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation P.C. is made up of a team of professionals dedicated to providing the best quality healthcare in a responsive and caring environment. Our doctors all have years of experience in the profession. They work in concert with nurses and office staff who try to understand your health issues quickly and apply the right treatment to get you back to your optimal health.
Benjamin Bieber, MD
Physiatrist in New York & Howard Beach, NY
Cross Bay Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation P.C.
Benjamin Bieber, M.D graduated from Emory University where he obtained his Bachelors of Science in Biology. Dr. Bieber’s internship was in surgery at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, New Jersey. He then completed his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at the world-renowned Rusk Institute located at the New York University Medical Center. Immediately after his residency training Dr. Bieber spent time with Dr. Hans Kraus, one of the founding members of Sports Medicine and President Kennedy’s back doctor. Dr. Bieber then became Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
During Dr. Bieber’s post-graduate training, he was fortunate enough to be mentored by Dr. Andrew Fischer, internationally recognized in the treatment of myofascial pain, with the use of his invented diagnostic tools and injection techniques. Dr. Bieber has written a chapter on trigger point injections in a 2 volume textbook called “Spinal Care and Treatment” represented by the spine department from New York University Langone Medical Center, which will be released in September, 2013.
Dr. Bieber extensively utilizes diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound in his practice. The use of musculoskeletal ultrasound allows him to diagnose soft tissue injuries and allows for accurate needle placement, which offers a significant increase in quality care to his patients.
Currently, Dr. Bieber is a member of the following:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Medical Society of New York
- Founding Member of the New York State Pain Society
- American Association of Orthopedic Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
Dr. Bieber is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the New York University School of Medicine teaching residents non-surgical orthopedics and is on staff at Bellevue Hospital Center. In addition, Dr. Bieber has lectured extensively on Stem Cell Therapy, PRP Therapy, Trigger Point injections, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound and Spinal Segmental Sensitization.
- Jacksonville University - Jacksonville, Florida - 7/1971-6/1973
- Emory University - Atlanta Georgia - 9/1973-6/1975 - B.S Biology
- Autonomous University of Guadalajara
- Guadalajara, Mexico - 9/1976 - 6/1980
- Medical Doctor
- College of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Hackensack Hospital, Hackensack New Jersey 9/1980 - 6/1981
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, New Jersey - 7/1981 - 6/1982 Surgical Intern
- Temple University School of Medicine
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - 7/1982 - 6/1983
- PGY-2 (ENT)
- New York University School of Medicine
- New York, N.Y. 7/1984 - 12/1986
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dana: Office Manager
Back Office Team: Dana, Natalie, & John
Front Desk Team