I have been using ultrasound to guide my injections to the exact intended location for the past eight years. While at our annual conference in Orlando, Florida, I attended a workshop related to the Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injection and one of the faculty, Dr. Ramon Castellanos, invited me back to his hospital in Miami to observe Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell procedures. Dr. Castellanos stated “ I am getting a high success rate and preventing my patients from having surgical procedures”.
Having a lot of knowledge in ultrasound guided injections, I passionately learned regenerative medicine. There are various types of regenerative medicine procedures that help my patients including:
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy - This solution of a high concentration of platelets contains a significant number of growth factors which accelerate and strengthen the healing process of damaged tissue
- Stem Cell Therapy - The stem cells that are used are non-controversial and are either derived from fat tissue or bone marrow. Stem cells are initially neutral cells which differentiate into the tissue which is damaged. It can repair cartilage, tendons, ligaments, bone, nerve, and muscle.
- Placenta Tissue Matrix - The placenta has many growth factors decreasing inflammation and regenerating tissue.
There are a variety of conditions treated including:
- Shoulders - rotator cuff tears, glenoid labrum tears, arthritis
- Elbow - tennis elbow, golfers elbow, ligament and tendon injuries
- Wrist/Hand - De Quervains tenosynovitis, joint arthritis, tendinitis
- Hip - arthritis, labrum tears, bursitis, tendinitis
- Knee - rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, meniscus tears, patella tendinitis, ligament strains and tears
- Ankle/Foot - Tendinitis and partial tears, plantar fasciitis, arthritis, recurrent ankle sprains.
Platelet Rich Plasma, Stem Cell, and Platelet Tissue Matrix therapies are extremely safe and can prevent the need for a surgical procedure.
If you are interested in finding out more information, call our office at (212) 268-8181 today!